Saturday, September 13, 2008

Veeps meeting Heads of State

Sarah Palin's interview with Charlie Gibson included this exchange:

"Have you ever met a foreign head of state?"

"I have not, and I think if you go back in history and if you ask that question of many vice presidents, they may have the same answer that I just gave you."

It's good of ABCNews to provide an article on the fact that she's wrong, going back as far as Walter Mondale.

I don't know about Gerald Ford, but I suspect that this means the last VP who didn't have this sort of foreign experience was Spiro Agnew, governor of a small state for two years when he was elected. Of course, Agnew was forced to resign the vice presidency while under investigation of criminal charges.

Great company, Sarah!

1 comment:

Sara said...

She's really good at that fourth-grade type of defense: "Neither did he!" "Are too!" et al. Or ibid. Ask Palin, I am quite sure she is up on Latin footnote terminology.