Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Candy

Yesterday, the kids wanted to eat some candy from the goodie bags they got at cousin Gavin's birthday party this weekend.

Julie wasn't home; I was tired, I said, Okay.

Austin found his goodie bag and was deciding between peanut and regular M&Ms. Mari was going nuts looking for her goodie bag, and when we found it, there were only a few toys in it and no candy.

"I want candy!" she said.

"Sorry, you must have eaten all of yours," I said. We all knew that at some point this weekend she had sneaked candy behind the couch for a secret pig out.

So she had to watch as Austin ate M&Ms. He gave me one and Mari begged him and finally he gave her one.

When he was done, he threw the wrapper away and said, "Thanks, Mari."

"Why are you thanking Mari for?" I asked him.

"She gave me that package of M&Ms from her goodie bag," he said.

No comments: